The meaning of smoke signals are by their color. The meaning of the colors vary between states and battles. This is a good way to safely communicate with soldiers of different units at the same time over long distances. This is used in dense environments like forests.
Uses[edit | edit source]
- Sends signal to attack.
- Sends signal to hold position.
- Sends signal to which location a specific unit needs to move.
- Sends signal where enemy units are located.
- Sends signal when a specific person is in combat.
- Sends signal when important person is killed.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Are color coded messages that only soldiers of that state know its meaning.
- Send messages to all units at the same time.
- Send messages over long distances.
- Can be used in dense environments.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Units need to be able to see the smoke.
- Soldiers can be taken hostage in order to steal the color codes.
- Only predetermined messages can be sent.
- All units need to learn the meaning of the colors.
- Limited to number of colors.
- Enemies can use smoke signals to give misinformation.