|“||Hmph Ri Boku…you could have mentioned earlier you had such a fierce tiger lying dormant so close to Yan’s borders!||”|
—Ordo on Shi Ba Shou and his army.
|Shi Ba Shou|
|Chinese||Si Ma Shang|
|Epithet||Lord of Seika City|
Shi Ba Shou is the lord of Seika City, which lies in the eastern part of Zhao.
From a close up of his face, Shi Ba Shou has curly, long hair that reaches his shoulders with two twin tails on top and a small goatee on his chin. He also seems to have a sold build body.
Before the events of the storyline, Shi Ba Shou's talents in warfare caught the eyes of Ri Boku. In recognition of his abilities, Ri Boku sent his recommendation of Shi Ba Shou for a seat in the Three Great Heavens. Tu Jou, the king of Zhao followed his proposal and summoned Shi Ba Shou for the third seat. However, Shi Ba Shou declined, using illness as an excuse, eventually spreading out as a rumor that continues to the present day.
When the Qin invasion army began marching towards Zhao, Ri Boku pulled massive troops toward the western front. This gave Great General Ordo of Yan the chance to invade the eastern borderlands of Zhao and seize multiple cities and castles along the way. When he turned his eyes toward Seika, Shi Ba Shou set out with 5,000 of his men in order to challenge him on the fields. Ri Boku states, that in this case, they do not need to worry about the eastern front.
Ri Boku recommended him for the third seat in the Three Great Heavens of Zhao. Therefore, it is assumed that he has great talent in warfare. This was proven during the war with Yan, he was able to hold the Ordo Army of 20,000 soldiers at bay with only 5,000 men.
- This is exactly what you call waking the sleeping tiger. Looks like that fool Ordo didn't quite do his homework. - Ba Nan Ji (Chapter 502)
- He is capable of performing warfare on the level of the Three Great Heavens.
- He does not wish to engage in battle, except for his city, Seika.
- Shi Ba Shou is based on a real historical general Sima Shang.
- Various Shaolin fighting styles refer to a person going by this name.