|Rin Shou Jo|
|Chinese||Lin Xiang Ru|
|“||To achieve victory while having both friend and foe alike dance in your palms...That is what it means to be a Great General. Let's attribute that one to Ren Pa, shall we? Hahaha!!||”|
Rin Shou Jo appeared to be a thin looking man in his late 20s to early 30s with a lean build and long black hair with a short goatee. While on the battlefield Rin Shou Jo wore a armor and three fur tailed war helmet decorated with dragon and snake like designs with a long cape.
Rin Shou Jo was described as a man of wisdom and courage. He was also considered by Ren Pa to be his best friend.
At some point in time, Rin Shou Jo fought against Ou Ki in the battle of Ba Hills. Rin Shou Jo used the river as a natural cover which allowed both sides to stop fighting and exchange words. The Phantasmal General claimed that the Ou Ki Army possesses similar innocence as their King and that what made them strong. He then predicted that China will eventually be united and left Ou Ki wishing him good luck.
When the symptoms of his disease already started to show he had a conversation with Gyou'un and Chou Ga Ryuu. He expressed his hopes of China being united under the banner of Zhao and said that if they encounter an enemy that can achieve unification they have to kill him.
Later he was suddenly struck low by an illness at the peak of his prime and passed away in his bed. In his last words, he said to two of his deputies; Gyou’un and Chou Ga Ryuu who had reached him prior to his passing, that they still have a role to play and as such ordered them not to follow him in death. After he died, his other eight deputies would follow suit in a series of suicidal battles dedicated to him as they were not honor bound by the prior oath with the aforementioned other two.
|“||Rin Shou Jo of the Three Great Heavens, an equal to Ren Pa, was...a Great General and tactician who was blessed with both intellect and courage.||”|
—Ri Boku telling his vessels about Rin Shou Jo's abilities.
Rin Shou Jo was a man blessed with an unbelievable amount of intellect and armed with impressive foresight. His keen aptitude enabled him to be one of the most powerful Great Generals of his era as he stood as an equal alongside Ren Pa and Chou Sha as a member of the Three Great Heavens and a deadly rival to the Six Great Generals. With just a whim he could turn the tides of an entire battle in an instant that would typically throw his opponents off. Even after years since death, his prowess and abilities were acknowledged by his successor Ri Boku.
Described as a man of wisdom and courage, Rin Shou Jo was a leader of great caliber. His charisma was very high as his deputies suffered extreme grief after his death with only those who swore not to seek death not dying in suicidal charges on the battlefield after he died.
Rin Shou Jo was a general and tactician who was blessed with both intellect and courage. One of his achievements was co-creating a tactic known as Raigoku that was responsible for slaying numerous generals and great generals of enemy states. He has also demonstrated a masterful usage of terrain when he used the river as a natural cover from Ou Ki's charge.
- "These lands of ours still have not...Completely finished ripening...But that does not mean our actions have been naught. I anything, it is to us that falss a most vital of roles. Mankind is...a Creature woven together by the emotions that they feel. Whether it is pain, Sorrow, or Joy. We have always lived...Whilst being connected together. I'm sure that by now, you've grasped some inkling...That for many, many long years these lands...have been waiting for that Fateful Day." - Rin Shou Jo to Ou Ki
- Rin Shou Jo is based on the real historical politician, Lin Xiangru.
- He and all his deputies have snake ornaments on their helmets, suggesting it might be a symbol of his army.
- Ren Pa and he exchanged a "pledge of eternal friendship" and shared a brotherly bond.
- Historically Rin Shou Jo always admired Ren Pa however they seldom ever saw each other. This was because Ren Pa felt that Rin Shou Jo wasn't an actual general. However, this changed after Ren Pa saw how talented Rin Shou Jo was and after that, they became the best of friends.