|Conspiracy in the Court Arc|
|Starting Date||November 14, 2013|
|Ending Date||February 27, 2014|
|Number of Chapter||13|
← Kyou Kai's Revenge Arc
Fire Dragons of Wei Arc →
Conspiracy in the Court Arc is the 13th story arc of the Kingdom manga.
Summary[edit | edit source]
As Ei Sei's coming of age ceremony is approaching, the struggle for power and political influence between him and Ryo Fui is reaching its climax. To trap the king into going out to war, Ryo Fui arranged a small scale Zhao invasion. In lack of generals to lead the defending army, Ryo Fui proposed that the king should lead it, just like he did in the Battle of Sai. However, prince Sei Kyou offered to lead the campaign himself.
Sei Kyou met the Zhao army in the city of Tonryuu and managed to repel it easily, but was betrayed by the city's ruler, Ho Kaku, and his own general, Ryuu, who were both working for Ryo Fui. The prince was imprisoned, and rumors were spread that he started another rebellion in Tonryuu. King Ei Sei, who did not believe the rumors, sent a subjugation army led by a newly appointed general Heki along with Shin and his newly formed 4000-man strong Hi Shin Unit and 1000-man Kyou Kai Unit, with a secret mission to save Sei Kyou.
The Heki Army managed to suppress the rebellion successfully, but Shin was too late to save Sei Kyou. Before he died, Sei Kyou asked Shin to protect his brother and his wife to lead the remnants of his faction, serving under the king.
Notes[edit | edit source]
After the Coalition War:
- All 7 states suffered from economical issues and entered a period of internal affairs, domestic conflicts, and political strives.
- Ri Boku was banished from the royal court of Zhao and stripped of his title as prime minister.
- Shun Shin Kun was banished from the royal courts of Chu.
- Ka Rin was promoted to the Second Commander of the Chu military after Kan Mei's death.
- The Wei cities of Keito and Kyuu were conquered by Ou Sen and Kan Ki respectively.
In this Arc:
- Kou gives birth to Sei's daughter.
- Sei Kyou's wife, Rui, is introduced.
- Ryo Fui plots with Zhao and Qin officials in an attempt to overthrow Sei.
- Heki is now a General.
- Shin is now a 4000-man Commander.
- Kyou Kai is now a 1000-man Commander.
- The Hi Shin Unit is now a 5000-man unit.
Characters Introduced[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]